6.01.2009

Happy 1st day of June

June is my favorite month. I'm not sure why...I've just liked this time of year for some reason. When I was younger and before I really understood birthdays, I would always plot to force my parents to celebrate my birthday in June. Never worked. Anyways. Since today is the first day of my favorite month, I have to celebrate :)

Why June is my most favorite month:
  • The month of May is usually chaotically busy for me and June is always less hectic. I get to kick back and relax a bit more.
  • Nannying starts in June
  • The weather is absolutely delightful. Sunshine. Green grass. Trees with leaves. Sunshine. Warm temperatures. Flowers. Did I mention Sunshine?
  • The first day of summer (my favorite season) - June 21.
  • And summertime means spending time at my grandparent's lake.
  • Summertime also means iced tea. (My apologies to all of you southerners out there...I like my tea without sugar!)
  • Graduation parties. Well, this doesn't really apply to me anymore as all of my friends graduated two or more years ago. However, it is nice to see my cousins and family friends grow up and graduate.
  • Family reunions. Both sides of my immediate family are quite large which always make gatherings like this....interesting ;)
So, those are just some of the reasons I love June. I have crazy obsessions over silly things and this is just one of them. I'm looking forward to getting outside more and taking pictures! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment