6.02.2009

Why I love Photography

Brandon Heath is a wonderful musician and I recently came across a song of his titled Beauty Divine. You can read through the entire song here if you'd like; however, I'd like to draw your attention to the first couple of lines:

Does it ever catch your eye
Beauty divine
In an old man's tears
A little girl's smile

For me, these lines sum up the purpose of my photography. In our world today, life is rushed. We prod people here and there trying to be the first to accomplish something. This isn't necessarily bad but because of this, we oftentimes we miss the moments in life that also matter. A child's first toothless smile. The joy on a grandmother's face as she is surrounded by her grandchildren. That jump for joy as a child makes a touchdown or goal. There are so many small moments to capture. And that's why I love photography. It causes me to dramatically slow down and capture details I would normally ignore. I want to take pictures for others so that they can get a peek at the beauty of those unforgettable moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment