7.09.2009

Over and Out

Today is Thursday. Tomorrow is Friday. Friday means the weekend...and that makes me one happy camper. I do love my job, but I also love a little relaxation and time to reorganize myself.

This weekend is special though because my grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. I am stoked because not only am I the official photographer, but I have a huuuuge extended family. We are loud, obnoxious, crazy, funny, nutty, wacky...but we love each other. And ohhhh baby, my grandparents are somethin' else. The party hasn't started till they've arrived and let me tell you, my grandparents are in their mid-seventies and are quite active. They are, perhaps, the liveliest of the whole crew. I love them both to death. Their example has greatly influenced my thoughts and perceptions about marriage and life. They have shown unconditional love, grace, patience, joy, happiness... even in the hardest situations. Growing up, I always took my grandparents for granted. The older I get, however, the more I realize how lucky and blessed I am to have healthy grandparents who live close-by. Instead of complaining when they visit, I am quick to clear my schedule so that I can spend time with them.

Anyways, my family, along with dozens of cousins, aunts and uncles, will be going to a lovely German town in northern Michigan called Frankenmuth. I find that amusing considering the fact that my grandparents are Russian. Heh. Things are going to be CRAZY but I'm looking forward to some family time.

I'm gonna leave you all with a few pictures. First, dozens of people have asked to see me and my new baby.And second, this is my favoritist guy e.v.e.r. Gavin is the most amazing person I know and today is his birthday. I get to see him really soon and that makes me really, really, really happy!



1 comment:

  1. Cool! Hope you're having a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete