7.22.2009

24/365

I'm not feeling very creative today. Rare, I know. Every picture I've attempted to shoot lacks something. Perhaps it's the perfectionist in me; I am just too critical of my own photos. I notice a spec here or there. Someone's hand is out of place. The lighting isn't right or to my liking. The image isn't sharp enough or the contrast is off. The list is endless. I compare my work to the pros and end up insecurely analyzing my work and in the process, killing the joy that I once felt behind the camera.

I know I have made progress in my photography, but I'm not where I'd like to be. And I feel like giving up. I feel like quitting, throwing up my hands and moving on. But something tells me to keep trying, to stay motivated. To practice. And I think I'm going to spend the weekend doing just that. Afterall, practice does make perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment