7.15.2009

17:365

Good grammar and correct spelling warm my heart; therefore, I read books to sharpen my skills.




My red pen and I are best friends.



"It's tough being a stickler for punctuation these days. One almost dare not get up in the mornings."

"No one understands us seventh-sense people. They regard us as freaks. When we point out illiterate mistakes we are often aggressively instructed to "get a life" by people who, interestingly, display no evidence of having lives themselves."

"Getting your itses mixed up is the greatest solecism in the world of punctuation. No matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave."

No comments:

Post a Comment