3.21.2010

our American Girl



One of my favorite toys growing up was my American Girl doll, Samantha. Elaina has inherited my doll and both of my sisters, but currently, she has been constantly asking for "her own doll straight from the store". Of course! Imagine her surprise when the American Girl Doll of the Year was a pretty, blonde doll named...Lanie, which is Elaina's nickname (we refer to her with both names, but Lanie is more frequently used). My parents purchased her the matching outfit to the doll, which has only increased the demands for the doll. Because, of course, the matching outfit is only half of the package, Mom and Dad. Unfortunately for the poor girl, she'll just have to keep whining until her seventh birthday in September. I think she'll be pleasantly surprised and very happy!

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! A doll with the same name! She is going to be so surprised.
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! That is SO sweet! I'm sure she will be elated!
    I love those pictures of her. She reminds me alot of my dear friend Haley, who is younger than I am but we are best friends! I miss her so bad, they moved to TX :(
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete