9.16.2011

i cannot cook.

Those of you who know me well probably know that I am not a domestic goddess by any stretch of the imagination. Sure I can boil a pot of noodles and make a mean spaghetti sauce or construct a pb&j sandwich, but pies? cakes? main dishes? steaming veggies? No way; cooking has never been my forte.  After years of dealing with various health ailments, I finally discovered that I have a gluten and dairy allergy (I have previously messed around with food to see if it'd help with my energy levels).  Let's just say these allergies have me in the kitchen for more than ten minutes a day. I have to measure things (did you know that almond flour is expensive?!) and substitute different ingredients.  It's like learning how to ride a bicycle with training wheels and then jumping to a unicycle. Not an easy task.

Today's challenge?  Peach and blackberry cobbler, courtesy of Roost Blog (and if you suffer from a combination of allergies like I do, check her blog out. It's GREAT.  Most blogs are focused to dairy or gluten allergies, but not both.)




No comments:

Post a Comment