7.07.2010

two hundred dollars poorer.

I booked a flight to Denver, Colorado.

I didn’t want to spend the money, but Popsie said this will probably be the last time our family is all together like this, with my two brothers in the Marine Corps now. I’m trusting God on this one despite the hole in my wallet; I know it’s the right decision.

On my way there, I’ll visit my dear friend, Hannah F. during a layover.

Then I’ll make the connection, land in Denver and hang out with Katie and (another) Hannah.

After, I’ll spend the next week with family.

I’m SO thrilled about leaving on a jet plane. The roar of the engines. Popping ears and the frantic smacking of bubble gum. Seeing the Lakes from the air. People-watching in the plane. Observing the cloud formations in the sky. Imagining the pictures, the mountains and the people I'll see.

Perhaps I’ll end the trip two hundred dollars richer.

5 comments:

  1. Because what? I'm going because my family will be there :) And I think, despite the cost, the experience and time with them will far exceed what I paid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have loads of fun!

    I've never been on a plane before but it sounds fun especially the people-watching and the view of the lakes :)


    Oh, and enjoy your visit with Hannah F. =D

    ~Hannah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok. I don't know if this is the case for everyone, but for me there was just a big blank space under the photo. That is why I said "because...?"

    I just highlighted the blank space and then copy and pasted it into a text file. Now I can see what you wrote!

    I hope you have a great trip and a blessed time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle - that's weird. I wonder why it's doing that.

    Hannah - planes are so AMAZING. I am usually afraid of heights, but planes are something that I can tolerate. Airports are also fun places...so many people coming and going :)

    ReplyDelete