7.14.2010

Greenfield Village

I am a nanny again this summer, so I took the kids to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan. Dearborn is a special place to me, because I attend school there and love the community. It's also a city filled with history. Henry Ford has estate on my campus and Ford Motor Co. was started and still has its world headquarters there. Greenfield Village is actually part of a sprawling campus that includes an academy, a museum, a theatre and the village - all named after Henry Ford. It's pretty neat! If you're ever in the Detroit area, I'd recommend checking it out!


(above: one of Henry Ford's favorite trains, being restored.)

(above: turning the train tracks at the roundhouse!)


(above: the roundhouse)



(above: the kiddos!)



2 comments:

  1. I love that you live in Michigan too! I love Greenfield Village. Went there on a 5th grade field trip once. 'twas beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, for people who live in Michigan! :) I usually go once or twice a year - but I love museums and things like that!

    ReplyDelete