11.17.2009

Never be afraid to dream!

This probably seems rather insignificant to most, but for me, this is a milestone :) Three years ago, I was completely incapacitated and came close to dying more than once. One day while lying in bed, I made a list of one hundred things I wanted to do before I died. I had no idea if any of them would even be accomplished because my health was so frail, but I dreamed on regardless. One of the top five things I wanted to do was run a 10K. Most of you know that I've been participating in some races with my cross-country club at school, but those have only been 5Ks or 6Ks. Considering where I was three years ago, that is a miracle right there. However, I have stilled dreamed of running a 10K.

And next week, I finally get to scratch it off my list. I'm not sure why I put a 10K on my list. Probably because the number sounded large and...I was dreaming and the odds of it ever happening were slim. But, here I am. Those long months of enduring the embarrassment of a cane, walker, leg braces and exercises have made it possible for this dream of mine to come true. I am SO excited!

2 comments:

  1. How amazing Kristin! You have come very far! I can't imagine doing that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Danielle - you're so sweet and such a wonderful friend! I can't believe I've made it this far either :)

    ReplyDelete