11.22.2009

Christmas designs, part 1

Recently, I've gotten back into the habit of sketching. I've never been great, but I do enjoy taking ideas and putting them to paper. My latest sketches have included a lot of Christmas designs. This year, I'm thinking about individually preparing each of my Christmas cards by including some of the sketches. In the past, I've matted photos or used rubber stamps, but this year I'd like to make things simple, focusing on the real reason for the season. Drawing separate pictures for each card saves money and it's more unique and special to the recipient.

First, I've been testing different writing "fonts" that I've created. That just means I scribble different phrases in various ways until I come up with something that I like. Today, I spent over an hour doing this (read: procrastination. I have two presentations and three papers that need to be finished). Here's what I came up with. Very elegant and classy, but still simple. Love it.




Next up: I'll be unveiling some of the other drawings that will grace the front of the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment