10.19.2011

I am procrastinating.

You all (or 'y'all' for my peeps down there in the south) should take a few minutes to listen to this song.  Because it's wonderful.  Love me some Needtobreathe these days.


I've mentioned some cryptic things in tweets and recent posts, so I figured I'd share some recent developments in my life.

  • I applied for a Fulbright scholarship to return to Bosnia-Herzegovina.  I'd be gone for a year, which seems so daunting, yet exciting.  
  • Did you know that statistics is wonderful?  And I do not mean that sarcastically at all.  I am head over heels in love with plugging the numbers into formulas and calculating things.  Coolest part? As a sociologist, I get to conduct the research to get the numbers.  Then I can to play with them.  It's like the numbers are silly-putty and I love silly putty, so it's a win.  
  • The Sociology Club elected me as President!  In two weeks, I get to stand in front of my peers. And talk. About sociology. And my work.  That just sounds so dignified and I feel so under-qualified.  
  • My brother has been home since last Monday!  Just to clarify: MarineBrother1 is over in Afghanland (though with this latest offensive our military has started, I'm half wondering if he's now in Pakistan?).  MarineBrother2 is halfway through training and completely SURPRISED us all and showed up, bags in tow, last Monday for a two-week stay.  Can you say 'happy'?!  I'm hoping to blog about deployment from a Big Sister's point of view soon, so stay tuned!
  • I'm a wedding two days after Christmas!  As the maid of honor, I understand that I'm supposed to be on top of a bunch of things, but alas, I am failing. The bride-to-be texted me last night to remind me of a dress fitting this evening.  And it's a good thing she did - I had forgotten about it. What would a maid of honor do without a bride?!?!?  
  • Also, I know this wonderful blogger (well, we've exchanged a few emails, but I've read her blog for years, so I feel like I know her) named Lore who blogs at Sayable.  I've been meaning to do a plug for her blog, but it always escapes me.  I'm a bad blogger.  Anyways, I figured now would be a wonderful time because she's doing a book giveaway.  Hello!  What could be better than a book giveaway?!  So go enter and then click around.  She's a fantastic writer (unlike myself who resorts to bullet points) because she writes about hard, yet real things in life.  You won't be disappointed. 
All of this paper writing has clearly made me mad, so I better stop!

1 comment:

  1. You are sweet. And yes. Let's pretend we know each other, okay? That makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete