8.22.2011

Musical Mondays

Mondays are generally bad days – it’s always hard to get back into a routine after the weekend. Today hasn't been too terrible, but I have decided that Mondays will henceforth be called Musical Mondays, where I share a song that has really impacted me because music always makes things better.

At any rate, I love Needtobreathe, but I had not heard of this song until Kristen blogged about it. Good stuff.


Moving along. I love days when I randomly open my Bible to a passage that I absolutely needed to read. For the last several weeks, I have encountered some serious health issues and when I randomly opened up to Lamentations 3, I knew God was up to something.
"Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new mevery morning; great is your faithfulness. “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
I suffer from an unknown autoimmune disease. I have my good days and bad days. On the good days, life is great. But on the bad days (which seem to far outnumber the good days currently), it becomes overbearing. The pain is too much and sometimes I'd rather just fly away to heaven. But I don't have wings and God hasn't called me home yet. These verses reminded me not to place my hope in doctors or medicine, but rather on God who is the ultimate healer.

Thanks God!

No comments:

Post a Comment