4.08.2010

Arabic food!


As most of you know, I'm a student at the University of Michigan where I study sociology and the Middle East. I have intense love for the Arabic language, the culture and best of all-their food! Tonight I made some fattoush and flat bread. Fattoush is an Arabic salad filled with various veggies and herbs; I love it. I've created my own variation, but it's still similar to the others.

This was my first time trying my own pita recipe and it turned out awesome, especially for this culinary-challenged person! For dinner, I enjoyed pita bread, lathered with hummus (I'm going to try my hand at making this next) and fattoush on top. Yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! that is my favorite food! I like to make flat breads and the yummy dishes that go along with.
    Two of my favorite cook books are:

    Flatbreads & Flavors-Jeffrey Alford & Naomi Duguid

    From Tapas to Meze-Joanne Weir

    Have a nice day!
    Maybe someday we can get together and cook and bake together! Our tastes are so much the same! :)
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That bread looks sooo yummy! I can't believe you made it. Great job Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want the recipe Danielle, I can email it to you. It's really simple :)

    ReplyDelete