1.18.2010

Philadelphia

Philadelphia was amazing. There are a lot of newer buildings mixed with all the old, historic sites...and it's simply awesome. Most of the townhouses date back to the Revolutionary War and I think that's pretty cool. There's really no way to describe it. I was there for a cross-country conference, so our time was mostly dominated by seminars on Saturday. However, we arrived to Philly around dinner time on Friday, so we took the opportunity to see some popular attractions (National Treasure anyone?!) The following pictures are from Independence Hall, various parts of the city and the Art Museum. The conference I attended was on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania and it's beautiful - most of the buildings have been there since the mid 18th century. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to really take pictures, but the architecture was stunning. I guess I'll just have to plan another trip ;)












1 comment:

  1. I like all these pictures, but I really like the sixth one. I love the bright colors on the corinthian capital.

    ReplyDelete