5.30.2009

Hello again :)

Yes, I have a bad habit of creating new blogs, ditching those and then returning to old ones. It's a bad habit and if someone knows the cure, please share!

So yes, I have decided to bring this bloggity blog back. I don't know why. Maybe someday I'll eventually just get my own domain. Business is going well and hopefully soon I'll have a wonderful announcement to make about that. All of my blog readers (hi Mom, you were always my biggest fan and yes, I guess my only reader...) will be thrilled and I can't wait to tell!

In other news....
  • I like my Canon 30D in case you didn't know that.
  • I like my 50mm lens. It is getting a tad old and I'm itching for another, but hopefully I'll add another lens to the collection shortly.
  • I bought a flash. As one friend said recently, "wow, you have the real deal..." (apparently cameras aren't the "real deal" unless they have flashes. Photographers, take note of that). It's interesting though. I hate using the flash. Seriously. It adds artificial lighting sometimes and I like my photos to be as natural as possible. Anyways, I'll get off my soap box now.
  • I'm getting a tripod and camera remote for my 21st bday, thanks to my grandparents. And I know what you are ALL thinking right now. Kristin, your birthday isn't for another nine months... yes, yes, I know...but my grandparents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in a few weeks and they hired me to be the photographer. I didn't want to be paid because that's just....awful. So they offered to buy that stuff for me in lieu of my birthday. They are too kind and to be honest, I've always wanted a summer birthday. I'll just make a cake with candles and wrap everything and...yeah. We'll just stop right there.
I think that's pretty much it. I better sign off before this whole post is full of dumb, corny jokes that only I find humor in. Oh, but before I do. I just HAVE to say this because I'm a photographer, so pardon me for a moment. I live in Michigan and tonight the sunset was just gorgeous and the lighting. Oh, I wanted to get out of the car and take my sister's pictures because the lighting was amazing and to good to be true. It was stunning. Majestic. Pretty. I don't even know how to describe it. I just hope we get a few more sunsets like that and I hope I get more business...because these are evenings I live for. (And in case you're wondering, my sisters refused to budge out of their seats. They are so ornery. I mean, who in their right minds passes up on a photoshoot??? I know...)

Anyways, I've added some new photos from some shoots I've done over the last couple of months. I'll be adding more shortly!

PS - Here's a great link about exposure. Very helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment