6.30.2008

Meet Irina.



...she's my new camera. The picture isn't that great (I look slap-happy) and I still don't have a lens....but here's the proof if you doubted I actually owned one :P

At the recommendation of fellow photographers, I have decided to name my camera Irina (pronounced "Eye-ree-na") :) I don't know why I picked that name exactly. I was thinking of the name Sojourner for two reasons a) I will traveling LOTS with this camera (Europe) and b) Sojourner Truth was always a fascinating lady to me. But...I went with something a little more "normal" and easier to spell ;) haha... I also like Irina because it rhymes with "Alina" (pronounced "uh-lee-na") and that's the name of my computer.

I guess I'm crazy for naming my stuff...but hey, it's special to me :) And it's better than calling my stuff "camera" or "computer".

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Slap happy is right! lol

    Awesome camera though. Happy for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Niceness. That's really funny...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:42 PM

    aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah! You crack me up. :) So, I LOVE the name!!

    ReplyDelete