5.08.2007

Surprise, surprise!

I have owned my digital camera for about a year and one would think I'd have read my instruction manual between now and then. But I haven't. I decided to take my Grandmother's advice literally, "when all else fails, read the instruction manual!"

My camera has been acting strange lately, so yesterday I decided to figure out the problem by finally reading the manual. Don't worry, my camera is just fine now (pictures forthcoming!). But...I discovered something about my camera I never knew.

My camera can use additional lenses (ie: those neat looking lenses professionals use). *falls on floor* Okay, so this small fact may not be exciting for many of you, but this is a huge deal to me. I have been aching to get my hands on a camera with lenses, but little did I know that my camera was capable of using them! :huge grin:

Well, I'm off to read the rest of my manual to find more neat tidbits about my camera....

Edit:: Katie Marie and I coincidentally have the same cameras and yesterday, she had the opportunity to try out some of the lenses. She wrote about it here.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I remember reading that once in my manual (we have the same camera) but I obviously forgot. You'll have to keep us updated on what lenses you buy and how they work. :D

    And ah, Kristin, time doesn't fly _that_ fast. I do believe it's only been a year since we got our cameras. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:11 PM

    Sweet, Kristin! You know, I've often had that same thought.. why not readthe manual? :D Well, it's simply that I just have more fun playing around with my camera. But tht, I could never find out without reading. And btw, I *do* think it's cool, because I've always wanted to look more photographerish with lenses, etc... so thanks for sharing! :) Besides, it made me smile. And yeah, let us know what ou decided on and of course, what you take with 'em!

    *note to self: must read camera manual when bored sometime*

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://paintedinpixels.blogspot.com/2007/05/canon-powershot-lenses.html

    I don't know how to do a trackback. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my, has it only been a year?? Oh dear... *feels silly*

    Btw Katie, you can't do trackback with blogger comments :( All the same, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete